On April 1st I am asking every member of Avalon Church to join me in a 24-hour fast for our Easter services. We are praying for God to move in a powerful way.
How Can You Participate?
Refrain from eating for 24 hours in order to focus on prayer. Eat your evening meal on Tuesday, March 31st and don’t eat solid food again until suppertime on the 1st. This will be a period of 24 hours that you will go without eating. Fasting is simply going without food in order to dedicate your attention to seeking God. Try spending the time that you would normally eat breakfast or lunch in prayer and Bible reading.
What to Fast and Pray For
- 100 people to get saved in the weekend services at Avalon Church
- For God to work in our services – Saturday at 6:00 PM and Sunday at 9:30 & 11:00 AM
- For Avalon Church to grow
- For our Easter Offering
What to Expect During Your Fast
- Answered Prayer – I believe God will answer our prayers!
- Physical symptoms – you will get hungry and possibly irritable. Don’t worry, though. It is only 24 hours.
- Spiritual awakening – Often during a fast you will feel much closer to God. It is not uncommon for your Bible reading and prayer time to feel very special. On the other hand, don’t feel discouraged if all you feel is hunger. The point of fasting and prayer is to focus your attention on God and to draw closer to him. Sometimes the spiritual benefit of a fast is realized later when God answers your prayer. I believe everyone who fasts will experience a great Easter weekend.
I really believe that fasting is a form of spiritual warfare. We are doing battle for the souls of people and for the heart of our city. We fast because we expect God to move, to answer prayer, and to work in our own lives. Do not be surprised if God begins to reveal things in your life that he wants you to change. Just listen for the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit.
Let’s come together as a church and expect great things from God on Easter weekend!