Faith is the most critical component of the Christian life. The Bible states that, “It is impossible to please God without faith.” God gave us many promises that come through Jesus. Jesus is the source of love, life, healing, supply, provision, forgiveness, redemption, deliverance, protection, blessing, and purpose. Jesus is not just a means to an answered prayer, he is the goal and purpose for our lives. The more you learn about Jesus, the more you will fall in love with Him and the more your faith will grow.
Most of us fall victim to the lies of the enemy. Jesus tells us that, “We will know the Truth and the Truth will set us free!” When we begin to believe all that God says about us because of Jesus and all that He promises us because of Jesus, then EVERYTHING in our lives begins to change. The lies of the enemy will disrupt, deceive, discourage, and manipulate you. The truth of Jesus will set you free. So stop believing the lies of the devil that say, “I can’t; I’ll never; I’m not smart enough, good enough, or strong enough; I’ll never get out of debt; He will never; She won’t get better; or I am just unlucky or cursed.”
Declare in faith what is true. You do this by declaring God’s promises over your life in faith. I believe that faith that is spoken is faith that is enacted. You don’t really have faith until you declare it. Romans 10:17 tells us that the Bible strengthens our faith when it says, “So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.” (NKJV)
Here are a few examples of Bible verses and declarations of faith that will change your circumstances.
- When you need to forgive or to be kind, quote Ephesians 4:32. “Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.” Declare, “Through Jesus I have the power and ability to forgive and be kind, even to those people who challenge me most.”
- When you feel discouraged or like giving up, quote Philippians 4:13. “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” Declare, “Through Jesus I have the strength to endure every circumstance and overcome every challenge.”
- When you need to guard your language, quote Psalm 141:3. “Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips.” Declare, “Through Jesus I can guard what I say, speak in wisdom, and speak truth.”
- When you need peace or an attitude adjustment, quote Colossians 3:15. “Let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts.” Declare, “Through Jesus I possess peace and reject worry and stress.”
- When you are afraid, quote 2 Timothy 1:7. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. Declare, “Through Jesus I will not fear but I will be bold, loving to others, and disciplined in my life.”
- When you need financial help and the faith to give, quote these promises. 2 Corinthians 9:8 “And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.” Malachi 3:10 “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!” Declare, “Jesus is my source and my provider. He gives abundance, not poverty. I will commit my money to Him so that He will bless my finances.”
- When you need healing, quote these verses. Isaiah 53:5 “But He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.” Jeremiah 30:17 “’I will give you back your health and heal your wounds,’ says the Lord.” Declare, “Jesus is my healer. Through his divine power I am healed.”
- When you need help with your children, claim Psalm 115:14 “May the Lord give you increase, you and your children!” Also quote Psalm 128:3. “Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table.”
When we declare God’s promises and His Word over our lives, the He begins to respond to our faith and turns things around for us. Try it! You will find that your life is much better when you trust in Jesus!