I want to thank everyone for being faithful this summer. We have had a good summer. Here are a few highlights:
- People got saved, baptized, and joined the church through the Next Step Class.
- We have had some fun in our Avalon Church Goes 90’s summer theme.
- Because of your faithfulness to give we have sponsored a children’s home in South Africa.
- We have been able to help Neil and Bonnie Gardner meet their financial commitments to go to Indonesia for ten months to help missionary families by teaching their children. This empowers the missionaries to reach unreached people with the gospel and keep their children safe. Pray for them as they leave on August 7th.
- We have set up our monthly outreach/evangelistic mailings. The first one goes out this week.
- The Student Ministry had a great Beach Retreat. Several students got saved and we will baptize them on August 12th.
- We have planned a fantastic outreach for August 11th called Kids Blitz.
Thank God for all He has done through us this summer! You can see how our value statements are being lived out at Avalon: we are better together; your next step is your most important step; inviting is evangelism; generous people are happy people; participation is membership; and we embrace the mess.
Now it is time to get back into our regular service schedule – 9:30 and 11:15. I want to encourage you to show up and serve, be on time, have a good attitude, invite others to church, and be excited to share the love of Jesus this Sunday.
On August 5th I will begin a new series entitled Grow Strong: Strengthen Your Faith by Reading the Bible. This series will come from Psalm 119. I believe it will be incredibly helpful and encouraging to you. I encourage you to go to a small group. I have written a companion book for this series that will help you read the Bible with understanding, grow your trust in God’s Word, and grow stronger in your faith.
I love you and can’t wait to see you on Sunday.